Destiny 2 - PS4 (Criticism)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 21:06 (2107 days ago) @ Claude Errera

As Claude has said, we have a general policy of not approving any and all clan requests. We want the DBO clans to remain mostly for active DBO members and some of their active friends.

As the person that’s being referred to when the PS4 DBO Clan Leadership is being maligned, I feel the need to make it clear that it is not a matter of neglecting things that are going on in the PS4 clan. It is simply a matter of understanding what our purpose and principles as a clan entail. That includes keeping the clan as a low-key place for active DBOers to see which of their fellow DBOers are online and make it easy to join up if desired. We have no interest in trying to force people to play more often, nor to accept random requests, just so that the number of people online at any given time is larger. I have had this conversation multiple times with certain members of the clan. I also feel the need to make it clear that I do monitor the clan requests and usually either post a message to the group asking if anyone vouches for the pending users, or sending a direct message to the pending users myself.

This topic comes up every single time we are in a lull between content drops. Believe me, I lament the fact that it sometimes feels like a ghost town, and it does seem to be an issue on PS4 more than on the Xbox side - but that has always been the case that the DBO base is larger on Xbox One. Manh of us have been a part of this community since Halo, after all.

I could go into many different reasons why the DBO PS4 user base isn’t what it used to be during D1. But the fact of the matter is that we all have our own reasons for choosing when and where to play, and we aren’t going to try to pressure anyone to change that, nor are we going to worry about arbitrarily growing our numbers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread