Perfect Paradox uses Special Ammo (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:35 (2086 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On the flip side, I find the implementation of this system thoroughly confusing. Between the different slots, ammo types, and weapon archetypes, I'm having a really tough time getting my intuitions to adjust. Why does Perfect Paradox use Primary ammo even though its a shotgun?

It doesn't. It uses Special ammo. I even tested it, white bricks do not fill it with ammo.

[image]

Huh, my bad. Thanks for the correction :)

I'll take the blame for giving you that wrong idea.

HOWEVER; Fighting Lion does use Primary ammo, so it's still safely a funky outlier from other weapons of its type.

I'll echo what's been said elsewhere in this thread, though. Heavies begin to feel like a huge liability when deliberately trying to snag the drop, and you don't get much ammo from them. Maybe I'll feel differently when HMG's drop, but purples don't really feel worth it anymore.

That said, I love the game at mid-and-close ranges now. Lots of fusion and shotguns at play. I did notice a distinct lack of scout rifle standoff battles, and autorifles were nonexistent. I see where bows will fit in nicely, but in general I'm still really not sure I'm feeling the way the flow of PvP combat has changed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread