Really drastic shift in meta (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 12:17 (2086 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I find it to be too jarring a shift in the meta. The meta was a much more passive, pulse rifle-y meta, where you didn't have to worry a lot about getting destroyed from any angle. Now everyone has ammo with the most powerful guns all the time. It's hyper aggressive.

I played a couple hours yesterday and found the only way to be successful was to shotgun and be aggressive. It's definitely not my preferred play style. I can kind of do it, but I don't enjoy it as I do it. Maybe that's weird, but it's how I feel.

I liked the idea of the slots changing because I want to snipe more, it's what I enjoy, but it's really hard to run snipers when across the board people are moving faster and playing more aggressively.

There are at least 2 other factors that I think will make this a shotgun meta, 1) the flow of getting a kill and then getting the ammo is very rewarding. When I would snipe someone, I was too far away to get the ammo frequently. It wasn't rewarding. Think it would be cooler if you were rewarded with ammo into your reserves for a kill rather than had to pick it up, and 2) Range is pretty long on some of those shotguns, too. I was getting slide-shotgunned from 15-20m away it felt like last night. This might make maxing out mobility on a hunter a viable crucible option, as you'll just be able to go too fast for a lot of opponents.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread