Oldest game in your backlog (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 02, 2018, 07:34 (2009 days ago) @ Funkmon

Partial victor:

Myst

I have an original copy of the PC version, which I think released in 1995. It came with a hand-me-down PC that my family got when I was in high school (it was already around 5 years old by then). But the original Mac release was in 1993, so I'm counting it as that. :) When I originally had this game, I didn't have as much exposure to the gaming world and probably wouldn't have identified myself as a "gamer." I don't think I really understood how to approach something like Myst. I remember running around and even getting to one or two of the other ages, but I think I might have gotten the puzzle solutions out of a strategy guide or something? Don't even remember, but I certainly didn't work them out for myself. In any case, a few months ago I went on a spree setting up a bunch of virtual machines to play around with old versions of Windows, and then I found my Myst CD, so I played a bit.

-------------------
Winner:

The Dig

I downloaded this from GoG a couple of years ago on a whim. I have no idea what it is but heard something about it being good. It's apparently from 1995.

-------------------

Also, you should definitely play KotOR. Oversimplifying the story makes it sound like the twist doesn't matter, but the way it's presented is important. Most players didn't KNOW there was anything up until the moment they found out. Also there's a TON of Star Wars lore in that game, especially about the Mandalorians, Wookies, and... something else that existed long before the Republic or the Empire, which I'm not going to spoil.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread