Oldest game in your backlog (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 02, 2018, 14:59 (2009 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Partial victor:

Myst

In April, I Kickstarted Cyan's effort to release the entire Myst collection for modern machinery for Myst's 25th Anniversary - it was funded at the end of May. They needed about a quarter million to make it happen - they raised almost 3 million.

I've got all 7 games now, sitting on my Mac, downloaded from Steam. ;) I haven't found the time (yet) to go back and play them. (I didn't play them all when they came out - I think I only played 3 of 'em.)

Remember: Marty and Mike did the music for Riven!

And Marty found out about Bungie because at CYAN they were all playing Marathon 2!

Nice! If I knew that I'd forgotten it.

Here was my experience playing Riven: a friend who worked in Research Triangle Park gave me this humongous CRT monitor their company was getting rid of. It could barely fit it into the back of my hatchback. When I say it was huge, the screen might have been 20" but the back end jutted out several feet. It was very heavy. I'm sure it cost $1,000 new. I was excited to get it. I got a neighbor to help me get it into the house and basically put it on the living room floor. I couldn't move it again for months. I was so desperate to use it that I moved my computer to it, and that's how I played Riven, lying on the floor, propped on my elbows, getting a crick in my neck. Enjoyed the game regardless.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread