The Bungie Mac Action Sack (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, November 02, 2018, 11:18 (2009 days ago) @ Funkmon

I bought it forever ago, then bought a cheap Apple computer from Ebay, then a VGA-to-whatever Macs used back then adapter, and finally a copy of the latest compatible OS* because the computer had been wiped. I eventually got everything set up, installed the Action Sack, and was ready to rock some classic Bungie goodness, but whatever game I tried to play, the entire computer would crash any time I tried to save. So I gave up. I still have the disks (but not the sack, sadly) and the Mac stashed in my garage somewhere, but I haven't messed with either in years. I've still never played any of the games included in the Mac Action Sack with the exception of whichever Marathon game made it to Xbox years ago, but made half of the people who played it (myself included) motion sick.

Second place might be Full Throttle. I swear I've purchased it at some point, but it's not in my Steam library and I don't remember having a disk for it, Maybe I've just wanted to buy it for a while and have never gotten around to it.

-Disciple

*Mildly amusing story: The OS disks were also purchased on ebay and they took nearly a month to arrive via "media mail." About three weeks into waiting, I checked the sender's address, and they were within walking distance of my house.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread