Are Auto Rifles OP? (Destiny)

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, July 21, 2014, 06:54 (3567 days ago) @ kidtsunami

So apparently the Galahad-C managed to get nerfed for the beta, but that doesn’t seem to address the larger issue I’m observing in the Crucible, that the make or break weapon is the Auto Rifle.

Some casual perusal of the top players in some of my matches.

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

And I noticed that everyone who does well is using an Auto Rifle. And a lot of the people doing poorly (aside from lower level people who possibly didn’t even have heavies at the time…) were using Scout or Pulse rifles.

Except! Sigbias Silva has pointed out their amazing performance with a Scout Rifle. Is an OP Auto Rifle a myth? What do you think?

And yes, I'm hankering for an API to actually start crunching some numbers on this. I can only imagine the amazing amount of data Bungie has collected from the beta so far.

Perhaps they are. I started doing a lot better once you told me that Auto Rifles were the go-to guns. I think I started my first several games at around 0.5 K/D, but since I started using an auto rifle (which I've had a very difficult time finding a good one) it has moved to a jealousy inducing 0.9. LOL

And I'm still having issues with damage feedback and hit recognition. After some experimentation, I think it might be connection related. I updated my router's firmware yesterday and that seemed to do the trick and fix some of my problems. Although, I started having issues again during a couple games last night even though my connection tested fine.

And now that I think about it, was it my connection or weapon choice that led to improvement? Two different solutions for the same problem implemented at nearly the same time! Great job, me!

Regardless of connection, I still think Auto Rifles give me the best chance at survival in the Crucible. Thanks for the tip!

- CC /Disjointed thoughts and vague feedback

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread