Goku 4 lyfe... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 21, 2014, 10:55 (3567 days ago) @ RC

It's not Halo where one AR is the same as the next, nor is it CoD where anything will kill in 3 bullets. You need to know your weapons and the situations they are good in. Don't put yourself in situations where you aren't at an advantage.
(see also: The Art of War)

I haven't been killed by Auto Rifles so much as Scout rifles. They'll murder you if you take longer than two seconds to get out of the open, and I definitely kill most people with the Jigoku before they even get a bead on where the shots are coming from. Although I've been able to hold my own at close range with scout rifles, this game is definitely about sticking to a different playstyle with different weapons (for this reason, I don't complain if someone with an Auto Rifle kills me at close range, even if I got the drop on him).

In the game where I 'only' got a 1.64 K/D, I was trying to play too close up to guys with ARs, Titans and shottys. Backed off a little, switched to Red-dot sight and I started doing better.

Screw those shotguns. They are far and above my number one reason for dying... But yeah, while each class has ways to survive any encounter, there are definite pros and cons to each, so learn your weaknesses and adapt to them.

Tip for Control: you don't need to have every control point. You don't even need the majority. If they can't kill you, they can't get points. If you can outslay them enough, you can still win even if they have most of the control points. Especially with bonus points and assists.

I have grown weary of telling my teammates this over the years: DO NOT CAPTURE ALL OF THE POINTS. If you control two points, you control where the enemy spawns, and you will have adequate resources defending each point. Let them have one point, and they can only funnel through certain areas.

Jigoku-4-lyf. Dunno what level they were but I was definitely 3-shotting fools with it. Using it to pop-shot attempted snipers - successfully - at a greater range than my ARs could do.

Definitely. The impact on the Jigoku (Mitternacht in the Alpha) is so high, that you can go up against a Golden Gun and stand a chance...

And what better feeling is there than killing someone with GG active?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread