And the Speaker is...? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, August 01, 2014, 04:36 (3565 days ago) @ Avateur

But the last line about us being Destiny. And now we're in Destiny. It's like that was his last statement to us before the collapse and the escape!

I could be convinced to buy the bit about Durandal escaping to another part of the multiverse, as much of a stretch as it is. An alternate timeline from the one in which he was conceived, say.

But that means the OG Guardian, the Marathon's Security Officer, ought to exist in Destiny's universe/timestream, as well, since he(you) is present in the final moments.

It's an interesting thought. It would be a pretty sweet cameo.

He could even be the Speaker, no?

I've always wanted to see what "...grafted to machines your makers did not understand" would look like. I mean, the Speaker is the only character wearing a mask in the tower, right? Could be he's seen some shit, been kicking around for ages. Probably seriously beat up after all that violence over all that time. Now he's just kind of existing as a zen master of ass-kicking, guiding new generations of warriors onto the path. And his unique connection to the Traveller would make perfect sense. Likewise the Traveller's sense of duty to humanity.

But it's got to be a lot of wishful thinking.

Maybe.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread