Some things that need to be improved (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 16:16 (3488 days ago) @ scarab

We slag off the Fallen as being stupid but, it appears that, they can build their own stuff.

Our enemies need to be more respected by Bungie and more worthy of respect by us. They also need to be more nuanced. I was interested when I saw that the Awoken had, what appeared to be, an alliance with the Fallen. But it turns out that the Fallen are like dogs. The Queen killed the pack leader and became the pack leader. We are figuratively fighting animals. Give us people to fight!

Yeah, this bugs me. Particularly when Ghost exclaims in the Devil's lair strike "The Fallen are getting smarter. It's like the entire system is wired to a..." *An alarm sounds.* I mean, the Fallen are a race capable interstellar space travel; so I'd assume they know how to use alarm systems.

Beyond this, indeed it appears there is a mismatch between some of the races and their supposed capabilities and with what we experience when facing up against them in the field. The vex, for instance, have the ability to manipulate space and time; yet are apparently struggling against the Cabal on Mars. And the Sword of Crota is just bizarre; supposedly it is this mighty weapon that has laid waste to countless Guardians. I was hoping for it to be a metaphore; like a giant ship or power or something. But nope, it's a literally a knight's sword that I can pick up and play whack-a-mole with for 5 minutes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread