Reforging (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, October 24, 2014, 18:25 (3471 days ago) @ Xenos

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer players the option of Reforging any Iron Banner weapon (including those from the last event.) This will re-roll all of the upgrades, but will also reset any progression. The cost for each Reforge will be a small number of Motes of Light, so set some aside next time Xur arrives in the Tower.

Very interesting. Get a cool weapon, but not cool upgrades, spend some Motes to get another chance at the cool upgrades without having to find a whole new weapon.

Now, uh... can we get this for everything else as well, please? :D

The Iron Lords respect perseverance and tenacity. In the next Iron Banner, players will receive a Medallion of Iron on a loss. Upon their next win, each Medallion they carry will convert into a reputation gain almost equal to a win.

That's very interesting too. Personally I saw no point in quitting IB since I was still getting CruRep at the same rate. But hopefully this'll stop the idiots from bailing and at least be a meat shield for me.

In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots.

They mean, will be Legendaries that can be upgraded to carry +30 Light, right? Because all the equipment maxes out at 'requires level 20.'

Anyone remember what two pieces were available? I badly need boots and gloves.

Once we’re 100% sure we can meet that deadline, we’ll let know.

I suspected this, but this is more confirmation that Bungie is operating on the 'don't give an estimate until it's no longer an estimate' model. So I wish people (coughbnetcoughreddit) would stop going on about "wen r bad hoohoo getin fixt? it r so looong tiem!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread