Reviews (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, December 12, 2014, 01:07 (3455 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I accidentally looked at the comments after the new Thursdate just now... I remember why BO is beautiful, hah! My god... I feel like Eris coming back here.

The DLC as a whole seems good to me (though I understand a number of the criticisms on the specifics). I've had the chance to play the Crucible maps and they seemed pretty fun with interesting skyboxes. Looking forward to the Raid now. If it's anywhere near the experience of Vault of Glass, I say the DLC is definitely worth the price, considering I paid a fourth of that price for a cosmetic Batman costume a couple of years ago...

So yeah, Im happy, but the House of Wolves is a chance for Bungie to take what they've learned and really make a more impactful, fulfilling story. I'm not really worried about the leveling/gear system; I think they'll continue to tweak and improve it with little stumbles along the way. I think multiplayer is better than the last few Halo's. The Raid is a unique experience. It's really only the story that sits at an average level. It's still fun (especially with mates on a higher difficulty), the universe is cool and full of interesting corners, the art direction is some of the best out there...

We just need more variety in objectives, more vehicle segments, and a narrative that really engages you the whole time. All of my favorite parts of the story were when characters interacted - but that needs to happen a whole lot more than two or three cinematics to really explode the events into excitement and connect them more succinctly. I hope House of Wolves does these things (and hopefully add a new hub to one of the planets). If it doesn't, I think the DLC will probably still be a good package - it'll just be a slight bummer that the campaign, my biggest interest of Bungie games past, is the weakest (though still decent) section of Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread