Agreed 100% (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, December 12, 2014, 06:09 (3455 days ago) @ narcogen

This isn't a decent review aside from a few points about mission length (although they fail to mention that the default game's first mission is short and also cannot be repeated, but whatever).

It's just the same whinging that comes from the same quarters over and over again-- I did X and Y and only got this lousy t-shirt. I did A and B and didn't get anything, and then somebody else got lucky and got that thing without even doing A and B!

These people need to be whacked upside the head with the parable of the talents.

Honestly, what did anybody expect was going to happen? It seemed obvious from the way Destiny's design is expressed in the first portion that the floor would be raised, and so would the ceiling.

So if you spent a lot of time in the raid because you thought it was fun, and got enough gear to be level 30, great! You don't lose that because now other players can get there without doing that. It doesn't take away your achievement, and it doesn't even make it invisible, as people can see what kind of armor others are wearing.

Their complaint boils down to the same thing we've been hearing since Halo 2 multiplayer: that some people feel the game functions insufficiently as a metering device for determining how good everybody is at the game and then displaying it to everyone else.

Sheesh.

Though I guess the counterpoint is that Bungie made their bed with this because they made such a big deal about how cool it is to get loot. Pro-tip everyone, trying to make yourself happy with having/acquiring "stuff" won't turn out as well as you think it would.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread