Iron Banner's back. More tips? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 16:25 (3403 days ago) @ BeardFade

IB is easier this time around than ever! Watch with glee as Christmas Noobs log in at level 21! Seriously my team won a game 20,000 - 3,000 last night on Delphi.

Seriously, the key this time around is to have a fireteam of at least 3 level 30+ players. That alone should carry most games.

But hey, let's get map specific:

Firebase Delphi -> Controlling A leads to Controlling B leads to killing everyone who spawns at C and jumps through the Window of Death.

Blind Watch -> Controlling C leads to Controlling B leads to killing everyone who spawns at A and runs through the Door of Doom. I like to snipe from the heavy ammo spawn at the bottom of the stairs.

Anomaly -> It's a circle. One player should stand on the opposite side of the circle from point B and shoot people who try to take point B. Everyone else should take point B and then at least one of the other two points. B is the key since it has the most access to the rest of the map. It is fully possible to 3-cap this map and run away with the game.

Shores of Time -> When Heavy Ammo is getting ready to spawn, let your opponent take point C. You want to be at point A or point B to get the ammo. At all other times, it doesn't matter as much.

Exodus Blue -> Controlling point C leads to controlling B. C also has superior sniper coverage of the A side spawns. There's a secret path to the A side heavy ammo by running along a pipe on the outside of the map. I use that path a lot to get behind people at A who are waiting for heavy ammo.

Twilight Gap -> Controlling B is key since the other two points are easily exchangeable. If you opponent has B, go get it. Then go back to getting after the other A or C point that you don't have. Note that B is not worth defending from inside the zone - you're much better off shooting people who are trying to take it.

Rusted Lands -> Controlling A and B also controls both heavy ammo spawns. Controlling B and C also controls the easiest paths to defend. Be aware of when heavy ammo will spawn and make sure you control the right bases at the right times.

I probably missed a map or two. Whichever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread