Iron Banner's back. More tips? (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 06:07 (3402 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I resent the idea that someone taking an undefended base is an idiot.

They're just not strategizing, instead playing in the moment.

It's not that they're stupid, they just don't understand why not taking a certain base can be beneficial, because they never stopped to think about it.

I know I certainly didn't.

I'm fine with that... for beginning players. Even players that have... oh, I dunno, 100 games under their belt.

But folks who are Crucible Rank 3 or 4, who are STILL taking A on Blind Watch? That means they're not even thinking about what they're doing when they play! (There's almost no action that happens around A - so even if you're playing in the moment, you STILL have to run all the way from A to ANYWHERE - and if you do that a dozen times in a game, over 50 or 100 or even more games, and you don't even NOTICE it's happening... you're hurting your team. Badly. )

There's playing in the moment, and there's playing stoned. I'd rather if you're stoned that you watch Netflix instead.

How's that?

I often see people capping A in this fashion when there is a 'capture 10 zones' bounty available. The fact that there are bounties encouraging players to play sub-optimally is what's really idiotic.

That said, that bounty causes some extremely frantic and entertaining games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread