Random Losers... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:40 (3398 days ago)

This thread is devoted to horror stories about random losers you've been paired with.

This afternoon I had the extreme displeasure of playing with TB8. I vaguely understand if someone walks away from their console without leaving a playlist or goes inactive for a few minutes... That's not what this guy did. As far as I can tell he was at his console the entire time but refused to play. He would follow the two of us who were actually playing the game from section to section then just stand there... around the corner completely out of sight if possible. The thing was if something came close to him he'd move out of the way or occasionally even shoot telling me he was there just trying to get away with doing the absolute minimum possible to get the rewards.

You guys (hopefully) know me. I say if you enjoy playing a game play it and if you don't then don't. But to sit there and waste my time and his apparently just for the meager rewards? This guy has me mad as hell. Doing what he did rubs me in the worst way. I reported this guy every way I knew how. I used the Xbox live Review Player feature to mark him as unsporting. I muted his mic (not that I heard him... but just in case there's ever a chance I might) and I used Destiny's built in tools to mark him as Unhelpful, Unfriendly, Cheating (he was bascially using inactivity to his gain and to my detriment... so yeah, I do consider it cheating) and, of corse Inactivity. I very nearly used the Xbox Live Report Player feature to report him for tampering... but being a total ass doesn't quite rise to that level unfortunately.

I wish I was confident that my reports would do something, but this is the internet. Only the worst offenses are acted on and I'm guessing most people don't care that one guy was being stupid. So, here I am, angry, pretty much to the point my afternoon is ruined, and there's nothing I can do that I think will matter or isn't being a total jerk myself.

Perhaps one of you will share your stories of misery and cheer me up...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread