Or just kick to orbit after one minute... (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 01:13 (3397 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The problem with this is it's not easy to detect. That player may look like they're doing nothing, but in reality they're probably hitting a random button every so often, because Destiny DOES boot you after a while (I'm not sure how long, having never done it myself) with absolutely NO activity. You might think that measuring a percentage of damage dealt to enemies would work, but that has the unfortunate side effect of punishing less-skilled players. Imagine you're just trying to have fun and the game boots you because you're not good enough. :(

What I do when I encounter these players is go right to where they're hiding, and sit down. Then I go make myself a snack and come back in a few minutes. Obviously, the courteous thing to do would be to make sure the 3rd player is also in on your tactic, otherwise you're really punishing them more than the AFKer, and that's not cool.

One time I did that, and the 3rd player also sat down with me. I then messaged the AFK player "contribute, or this goes nowhere." He got up and started fighting about 10 seconds later.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread