Reliving the glory days - long winded and bloviating (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:41 (3385 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

I was 30 when Marathon came out, so do the math. I've never been competitive in multiplayer. I did manage to beat my buddy Prof Ozy a few times in Myth TFL, but he's just a few years younger than me. (I recently beat him in a one-on-one match on Hang 'em High, so maybe I've gotten better or he's gotten worse--that certainly didn't happen back in the day.)

I sometimes brag that I was competitive in Halo 2 for about a week. Really, though, if you play 4,000 games you're bound to accidentally own now and then. One match in particular was on Midship. The rest of my team quit so you might say I had a target-rich environment. I knew where all the sticky grenades were and kept myself stocked, and then used them very effectively. It helped that the other team kept bunching up on the ramps. This was back when everyone used their mics. In the lobby afterwards I heard the words that had never been spoken and would never be spoken again, "Damn, Kermit! You got mad skillz!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread