Reliving the glory days - long winded and bloviating (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:53 (3384 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

So, in conclusion... Are there any other "aging" (I hate to use the term at 30, but in competitive video game years that is ancient) Bungie gamers who also look back fondly towards their youth?

I turn 30 this year. Right now I'm only looking back to learn where not to go moving ahead. The fact that I am completely outclassed nowadays when it comes to something like speedrunning is not necessarily a bad thing. I just discovered that overall, it's just not that rewarding of an activity at a high level. You DO have to put in crazy amounts of time, when man, there's so much better stuff to do with your time that you'll thank yourself for doing when you are 90, or else will flash before your eyes before you die at 35.

(With MCC and Halo 5 especially), I see SO MANY people thinking about the past and wanting to move backwards instead of moving forward and embracing change and the new experiences it brings. The worst thing is to live wishing for the past instead of being excited about the present and the future. The day I'd rather be in yesterday instead of tomorrow or today is the day my life would essentially be over.

I had some fun times, but those are behind and not coming back. Instead, different and better ones lie ahead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread