While we're brainstorming. EDIT (DBO)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 15:00 (3383 days ago) @ Mid7night
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 15:56

I'm intrigued by the possible matchup of the 34 letters/numbers. Perhaps the two highlighted pairs are a clue as to alignment?

3 shows up a large number of times. So many that, if this were a cipher, I'd be inclined to think it was a space or the letter e.

There are only two spots where both matrices share a symbol: 1a, which is B,B; and 6e, which is 3,3.

I want to plug both sets into this so I can plug that into this, but if this is a cipher that doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't think a substitution cipher will work here, because of the several times where the same thing decodes to different things between the two sides, unless it were something more varying like Enigma, but I doubt it's that bad.

I was thinking more that by combining the two matrices by assigning coordinate values to each box (the top left box would be B,B, for example), each coordinate could have an independent value regardless of overlap of letter-number correspondence in the two grids? None of the boxes under this situation would have the same coordinates.

I'm just not sure where you go from there.

EDIT: Maybe creating a coordinate matrix would give you a code? With the starting point being the center and the endpoint being the middle right box? Something like 3G10KV4X, or G301VKX4? Feels short.

And what was with that sequence of numbers prior to the imgur tags?

89504E470D0A1A0A

A and E were conspicuously missing from the two matrices.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread