A New Transmission (DBO)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 08:14 (3383 days ago) @ General Vagueness

In programming and/or operating system terms, forking a process (or a "proc", as it's often called in names) creates a copy of it or creates a new but related process, usually it at least has a similar or complimentary task to the process that created it. In operating systems ">" is used to redirect output-- send it somewhere other than the console or default terminal. I think the intended takeaway here is just redirecting Sekhmet's output, but maybe creating a duplicate of Sekhmet's process distracts it or ties up resources and makes it unable to interfere. The output is apparently going to a Mandelbrot-set-related process-- someone already pointed out Sekhmet mentioned before that it liked Mandelbrot sets, so I think this is a reference to that and not a clue.

This had me thinking: what if only one of these two transmissions is important, and the other is simply a corrupted sprout that bifurcated off of the original branch, so to speak? Or that one is important, and the other simply offers a way to unlock the important one?

Also, the title might be more important than any of us are recognizing: what if the title itself is indicating we need to solve the new[er] transmission only?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread