Guardians, gather 'round. We need a plan to defeat Crota. (Destiny)

by Pfhor, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 09:53 (3382 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Pfhor, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 09:58

That strategy in the vid will only work if everyone communicates well so no one blows up each other with rockets coming out of the bubble.

I took a group of randoms and we beat it hard on the second try with ease and again within the hour (as a 31 too and couldn't regain health, lol) . The middle strategy is the best.

Yes taking down swordbearer may be a nuisance but just keep jumping up high and shooting rockets at him. It's best if you can stun him quick with a sniper as he comes out then everyone else can finish him.

Then have one guy designated to sniping boomers on the side the sword carrier runs at Crota. Someone who is good with the icebreaker is perfect for this but make sure he doesn't kill both boomers or else wizard spawns. When doing this, you can stun the boomers and the sword carrier can run at Crota with any class and not get hit. That was my role, ;).

When it is time for Ogres, have everyone run to one of the towers they spawn out of. Kill both quick (it's actually easy using this tactic) and the tricky part is when everyone runs out of the tower back to the Crystal Room, there will be Thrall and Cursed Thrall waiting on the top steps so everyone needs to do their best dodging them.

After that it's rinse and repeat and you'll take down Crota.

You basically need a good sniper on boomer duty, a good sword carrier, and rest of the guys with rocket launchers in the middle taking down Crota. Remember when it is the third time running out(right before you kill Crota), there may be some Thrall in the Crystal Room and they can hit you through the glass window so be aware.

If you have a few Titans on your team, one of them can actually go with the sword carrier and drop a bubble shield either on the top rock which he jumps off of or on the towers where the boomers spawn. This is a better way to protect sword carrier and the shield will produce orbs for him as well. If you do this, the other 3 shooters should have Gjallahorns (it takes 3 Gjallahorn rockets to take down Crota).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread