Guardians, gather 'round. We need a plan to defeat Crota. (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 12:48 (3382 days ago) @ petetheduck

The Crota encounter is frustrating. With the sword randomly vanishing the instant it drops and the crippling heavy ammo bug, attempting to down Crota (on normal AND hard) has been an incredibly unpleasant experience.

We tried the window method on both difficulties and I'm convinced it's a bad strategy: the swordbearer continually steps out of view, leading to delays in downing him, and one of the first keys to success with attacking Crota in the center is to kill the swordbearer ASAP. And while it's great that 5 people are immune to boomers, the boomers continued to ruin our sword guy.

When we did the window method, I found that even when the swordbearer stepped out of view for me, some of my teammates were able to hit him. Even then, he's behind a rock, you can shoot a Gjallarhorn right at the rock and the Wolfpack rounds will hit him. The window strategy does require that you deal with the boomers in the tower (either by Titan bubble, blinding grenades, killing them and the Wizard that spawns, or even just a hunter going invisible) - but every strategy will require the same kind of attention and methods to neutralize the boomers. I definitely am a proponent of the window method. It's still not easy, but I feel like you are much more likely to succeed with some precise teamwork this way, taking some of the more frustrating variables (like the Wizard and Ogres) out of the picture.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread