A Positive Tentative. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:12 (3393 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Man, Dallas is the closest place to where I live--I SO WANT TO GO!

Couple of questions--

1. Documentation--I'd love to bring my capture card, but that also would mean I'd have to bring my computer. So that's probably a very understandable 'no' from you. Do you have any plans to capture footage, either in-game or IRL? I'm definitely bringing my phone and probably a throwaway digital for something like this first time. Any strategies for that? If so, what? If not, can any other attendees do something? I'm sorry to be imposing already, but I'm a HUGE film buff and I wanna DO STUFF!! This is EXCITING!!

2. Food--Again, sorry for the imposition, but I'm unfortunately a pretty picky eater. Immature, I know. I don't want to hurt the feelings of you or anyone else who home-cooked, so is there a dark, festered corner where I can order Domino's in shame?
2a.--I HIGHLY doubt I can pay for anyone else's order on top of my own, so is splitting payments okay?
2b.--After we Raid Crota's Lair, can we Raid a Denny's? At like...3 in the morning? ;-)

3. Housing--I'll have an air mattress, but I'm told I snore. And possibly this. I don't have a lapse cam, so I don't know. I'll probably have to sleep in this hangar (?!?) you speak of--hoping there's another fetid corner.

4. Technology--What do I bring? Consoles? I got two. System link cables? I don't, but I've heard of places that loan 'em out. I've got like, 10 copies of Halo. XD My Destiny copies unfortunately are digital. Controllers? (sigh) Pretty much all of them are broken. Anything else I need to bring to help?

5. Parking--I'm going to be driving, so is this a cul-de-sac deal, or a different scenario?

6. Wi-Fi--Oui?

7. Pets--I'm gonna try my best to keep him here, but if I can't, is it okay to bring my dog? He's only 30 pounds and he can stay outside if necessary.

8. OTHER games--God, there are so many achievements I need that depend on local play that I can't get at home (i.e. no friends). Can I (and any others of us) take care of that here? If so, I can help, too!

I'm PRETTY sure I'll be able to make this. You can put my name down, but use an erasable pen just in case.

Super excited about it!!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread