Agreed (Destiny)

by Earendil, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:32 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All this talk in the forums about how Completing hard mode is soooo expensive because you need a million heavy ammo synth in order to complete it, is just...annoying. I say that knowing full well that I might be one of those players that may need maxed heavy ammo on every run to have a chance, but hard mode doesn't need it, there are other ways, other strategies.

People complained when hard mode came out that bungie added "nothing to change it up". But they did, because my taking away health and making the enemies harder, on THIS particular map, with these enemies, and that object, new and better strategies are required/feasible. And as you pointed out, there are multiple viable ones. Where as on normal mode there was one strategy that worked well enough that no one really bothered finding anything different.

I think it's a testament to map and objective design that making enemies harder actually changes the way you approach the map and objectives, instead of just needing more bullets and it taking a tiny bit longer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread