Been meaning to ask you. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:35 (3346 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The funny thing is... I didn't buy the 331 Voidfangs, and I've been regretting it and wishing he sells them again...

I know you're a big sunsinger in PvP, but I was curious about your voidwalker preference for exotic armor. Specifically, regarding helmets: am I crazy, or is Dire Ahamkara a much better PvP helmet than Obsidian Mind? I feel the buffed intellect makes up for the lack of super energy from nova bombs.

Obsidian Mind makes up for the lack of intellect thanks to the inherent properties of its perk. That said, it's entirely possible to get high intellect through other pieces of armor and still wear the Obsidian. But I never use it.

Dire Ahamkara is a great "passive" exotic for Crucible, mainly for the Siphon buff (especially if you specialize in shotguns or handcannons). It pushes you towards the Hunter class in terms of what kind of combat encounters you can set up, and with a high strength, you become much more dangerous.

Personally, I almost always run Voidfang, because I tend to use Axion bolts in Crucible, and spawning with full grenade energy is something that you really miss when you don't have it (and need it). Voidfang's perk even refills your grenade energy if a teammate revives you (Skirmish, Salvage, Doubles), which can help you turn the tables on the enemy. Also, the VV are the only reason that I even use Axion Bolts, which are normally very weak to the point of being almost useless. But since it can generate an extra bolt, crowd control is more viable (combine that with Bloom, and you can make people pay for being clustered together).

So either Dire or Voidfang will benefit Voidwalkers (Heck, VV benefits Sunsingers too), it's all down to personal playstyle. If you are more defensive, Dire helps you control an area (and survive Encounters longer), whereas Voidfang is better if you prefer to assault an enemy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread