On Intent (and a code update) (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:39 (3374 days ago) @ Beorn

So… this is a good question. The intent behind tentative RSVPs is to allow someone to say, "I'm interested, would like to hold a spot, but I don't know if I can make it yet." If you initially RSVP as tentative and later decide that you are planning to attend, you should update your RSVP to be confirmed. If you know you can't make it, delete the RSVP. If you're uncertain all the way until the event starts, leave it tentative.

I've updated the display of RSVPs on the Event pages so that confirmed RSVPs are shown above tentative RSVPs. However, if you RSVP tentatively early on and later confirm, your name goes back into the position where it would have gone when you originally RSVPd. I think it's a fair mix of first-come, first-serve and confirmed/tentative ordering.

Update: I think the Comments field is a great place to handle any edge cases. ;-)

Now we'll have a situation where someone might have responded early, was worried about their ability to get home on time so responded tentatively, but they get home in time yet lose their seat.

As an organizer I wish the order would stay a static reflection of who signed up first.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread