Fire Team Reservation Etiquette - builder changes? (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:04 (3375 days ago) @ Earendil

So yesterday was my first ever Raid with DBO people. It was pretty great.

It was also my first time with the Fireteam Builder. And Earendil was on the list (not tentative). I was actually planning on inviting you before the people listed Tentative, but one of them changed, and the other joined our party on their own (which hasn't been discussed in here). I actually felt bad about it, and had the same conundrum we are talking about in here come up. "How do I use this thing without being a jerk?"

My solution will be to make team choosing really clear in the event description next time. This will be my priority list.

1. Order signed up online and Non-Tentative. If you are signed up, and Non-Tentative, that tells me you are planning to be there, especially if you are in the first 6 "Non-Tentative"

2. Appearence online at the designated time (Non-Tentative, then Tentative). Next time, I will put a time, like "Fireteam will be formed at 5:25p, via invites from me" This is actually trickier than it looks, as I had a fireteam of 5, a buddy (Not listed on DBO builder) trying to join, and two DBOer's jump onto Destiny at the exact same time. So... Yeah. The leader is in a tight spot, especially if they are trying to be friendly to everyone.

3. I suppose if people don't show up (which I honestly expected might happen, it didn't), a panic would then ensue to fill the last spot. At which point I would be thankful to have 1 or 2 "tentative folks" just waiting around online as "maybe's"

Just my thoughts, this thread is helpful to me, and I will be adding a "how the fireteam will be chosen" portion to my description.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread