Dr. Banana’s Guide to Control Spawn Control 101 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 11:49 (3382 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Those Pesky Randoms

Now I know what the last thing you’ve got to say is. “Banana! What does it matter what I know about spawns when the paste-eating random on my team keeps running to A to sniff glue?” An excellent question. Here’s where the existence of zone A can save your life.

You’re back on Blind Watch again, and this time when you spawn Bravo, you know not to get all John Rambo on the situation. You cap C, cap B, and set up shop popping those fat marmots that come gunning through the top of B like lemmings. Then you see your team start to cap A. What do?

Remember back to earlier: capping A doesn’t guarantee that spawn flip. You can still deny that flip if you move fast, or at the very least, shut it down. Be smart: go run to the C spawn. It’s likely there will already be enemies on that spawn coming straight for you, so be ready for them. And don’t run straight to C! More than likely, your opponent will grab C and go straight for B. Avoid contact if possible, but be ready to stomp them chumps. You should already be up top on the shed behind C, and you’ll have position.

Denying this spawn is all about awareness of your teammates’ actions. Know where they’re going; if you see them running for A, skedaddle for C spawn! Zone A is a beacon, a warning letting you know that some squib on your team is a big fan of nachos. You may be able to deny the spawn flip in the first place, and send all your opponents somewhere weird, like under the roof leading to C. Then it’s just a turkey shoot for you as they all come for C, not seeing you up on your blind. Play the spawns right, and you can turn the most expensive FPS ever made into a really cool looking version of Duck Hunt. Everybody loves Duck Hunt. On second thought, just go play some Duck Hunt.

It's always a rush to see a teammate capping A, and making a bolt towards C to prevent the spawn flip. A good nine times out of ten you have enough time to prevent it from happening, but on Blind Watch and Exodus Blue (Where C is the new A), the enemy team has a wide spawn berth, you can use this to set up traps for the flippers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread