Pretty unhappy... (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, February 20, 2015, 12:49 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've been using Armamentarium for so long that I've never really considered other exotic armor; picking up 4 rockets each time heavy drops is a REQUIREMENT.

So when Ruin Wings went on sale in January, I bought them - I figured it might be nice to try out other armor stuff.

And now that I will have 36 EVERYTHING (thanks to Iron Banner), I figured it was time to start experimenting... last night I swapped Armamentarium for Willbreaker's Resolve, and my Knightbone Guard gloves for Ruin Wings, and jumped into IB.

Turns out Ruin Wings only gives me 3 rockets, not 4. Yeah, still better than the default 2... but sometimes those extra rockets mean the difference between winning and losing. :( (Plus, I lose the extra grenade - I could live with that if I got the 4 rockets, but the combination is heartbreaking.)

Is there ANY other way I can get a full complement of 4 rockets as a Titan?

I've been there.

Korny swears up and down that he's getting 4+ rockets with Ruin Wings but I was only getting 3.

However, I changed some of my armor around, and then something curious happened while wearing ruin wings: I was now getting 3 OR 4 rockets. I think there is some randomness too it.

I can't reliably duplicate it, but I would typically get 4 rockets right off the bat when I had zero heavy ammo. If I already had one rocket, it would only give me 3. I've only really done this with Gjallerhorn though, not sure if WHAT launcher you carry makes a difference. (I used to have one that had clown cartridge and sometimes I'd get an extra rocket when I reloaded, rarely. It worked in PVE frequently but not so much in PVP)

I currently run my Titan with the Crota raid boots, vanguard chest + helmet and ruin wings.

When I change those around to say, all Crota raid armor + Ruin wings, I seem to only get 3's for my rockets.

YMMV.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread