You can't change the past so that you don't go into the past (Destiny)

by Durandal, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 22:28 (3336 days ago) @ Up North 65

How to survive during the gatekeeper section outside the portals

Generally, the groups I've been in send one person inside per portal, leaving 2 outside each. The main issue outside is Praetorians. Void weapons, such as a good MG, work wonders. Don't skimp on heavy ammo here, the outside teams need to buy time for the relic teams.

Inside, Black hammer or a Gally work wonders. The point is to spend less then a minute inside so you only face one or two praetorians at most.

Getting max dps on the oracles

From what I've seen, having weapons with oracle disruptor are really needed, especially on hard. Outside of that, Hand Cannons spend too much time reloading to take down the oracles in a timely fashion. I've had no issues with two people with maxed out Atheons or Vision on hard keeping up with the oracles, but I've definitely had a 4th come into the portal to assist when there were issues with the adds that slowed things down. You can hold the portal clear with only one guy.

What are the arguments for the middle strategy and the back strat? (Where do you put the bubble of life to prevent splash damage?)

I like the bubble more forward, to give room in the back for a weapons of light bubble. The key thing here is to have the relic bearer come out and create the bubble prior to the last oracle kill, so Atheon is distracted and doesn't start firing until the shield is up.

A couple of other tips:
Hunters should not waste their super on Atheon, but on the supplicants to keep their numbers down and on the adds inside the time streams.

Black Hammer and Icebreaker work great on Atheon if no one is using Gallerjhorn. An LDR will do in a pinch.

MGs in general do better when dealing with those teleporting jerk Praetorians then rockets.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread