Nightfalls after nightfalls (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, March 16, 2015, 16:57 (3351 days ago) @ Kahzgul

What (aside from helping friends get rewards - because that's still a reward and doesn't qualify) draws you to re-running the nightfalls?

Uh, I like shooting things in the face? Seriously, that's it. Nightfall is a chance for me to feel super-powerful due to the burns. I could just play the strikes at their default low level for a similar effect, but burns accomplish this while also keep me from striding across the battlefield like an all-powerful god-man.

FWIW, the last couple of weeks I've been more eager to run Nightfalls than usual because I've only recently acquired my very first elemental primary, Praedyth's Timepiece (I don't raid very much). I got it just early enough to have it fully upgraded in time for last week's Nightfall.

What's your favorite one so far?

Anything with multi-burn. Failing that, the best ones (in my view) are when the burn is enhancing the adds more than the main boss. The main boss always does big damage so a burn doesn't change much - suddenly having to be concerned about shanks changes things up more.

What's your best argument for repeating them? Convince me!

No point in trying. You like what you like. Nothing wrong with that. I can explain my own fun all day long but I don't really expect it to change your mind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread