THERE! A CELL; FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 01:38 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Dude, the sound design is pretty bad in Warframe judging by that clip. One thing I don't think Destiny gets enough credit for is the sound design. It's in the stratosphere when compared to Warframe.

Not sure what you're referring to. Is it the menu sounds, or gameplay?

I've never really thought of the menu sounds. They tend to be distinct based on action, though, but I can see how they'd get annoying.

If it's gameplay, you might be referring to the Nova character's abilities, which are all dubsteppy (manipulating matter and all that).

I dunno. I find that in Warframe, you can identify almost anything just by the sound it makes, which I think is good sound design. In Destiny, anything that's not an exotic sounds the same. Same goes for enemies (besides Omnigul, and to a lesser extent, Hallowed Thrall). I guess with less variety comes better polish, if that's what you mean...

Could you tell the difference between a Dreg, Vandal, and Captain? An incindiary, Vortex, or firebolt grenade? Someone going Golden Gun or Radiance?

That last one was actually a topic of debate at one point. They sound (and almost look) identical.

In Warframe, I can tell exactly what ability my teammates are using just from the sound, and can prepare and adapt accordingly on-the-fly... And there are almost a hundred different sounds that your teammates' characters could make.

But if that bothers you, there a number of different audio sliders that you could use to tweak the sounds (even the ones coming out of the controller).
Wish some other game had that feature, huh? :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread