I'm honestly surprised (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 22:12 (3325 days ago) @ Speedracer513

It's challenging as hell, you don't carry anything over from previous plays, there's no memorizing the game. I expected you to love it, actually.

Cody is extremely biased against indie games in general... I've never heard him say anything good about a single one (and while I'm sure he will chime in and mention one in such a way that he thinks it absolves him of being called a biased indie-hater, I just came to the realization early on in our friendship that talking about indie games in his presence is akin to politics/religion).

There is one genre that has indie games I actually enjoy, and that's adventure. Still, that is because there are very few if any AAA adventure games being made. If there were, they'd blow the pants off any of the indie offerings. So while I still love a lot of the indie offerings there, they are all stuck in 1993 or 1997. This is tolerable because generally adventure games are focused more on story, but I still would love to see what Wadjeteye could do if they made a fully 3D adventure game with cutting edge graphics and sound.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread