I still call it out. It's effective communication. (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:31 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling it out when you have plenty of other things to watch for on a screen. We still call it out in my normal raid group. I also say all three things "Venus jungle right" and "Mars desert left" just so there's no confusion and any one of those words should trigger the right understanding.

Communication is about effectiveness, not compliance to the lore. In the heat of the moment, I care a lot more about making sure everyone on my team is on the same page than I care about anything else. Perhaps it's my background in playing team sports (have played them my entire life and still do) where it's a requisite that people use verbal communication as part of their communication arsenal.

Calling people stupid for not knowing where the away team is when it takes less than 1 second to tell them is kind of insensitive and selfish. Some might call the lack of using a simple verbal communication strategy stupid.

Just so you know, I'm not calling anyone here stupid. I don't think any of you are. Most of you are better at this game than I am and have spent much more time playing video games than I have. I'm just trying to offer another opinion. I think it might be a bit rash to get angry at other people not being as game-wise as you are, when you have a really simple means of preventing that ignorance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread