I still call it out. It's effective communication. (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 19:07 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

True, and I guess it's mean. But what's the first word that comes to your head when your away team perfectly destroys the oracles and Precursors, and nails that miracle extra time of Vengeance, ONLY to find out the gate's closed because the home team are ALL on the wrong side!?

Or when you're standing on the CORRECT plate and you find yourself overwhelmed by Supplicants because they're opening the OTHER one for some reason?!

Or the one who drops the bubble because they got distracted?

I guess I haven't really had this happen (which might be directly related to my incessant calling out the moment I'm teleported). All I know is that the Xbox360 crew has taken a child as young as 8 (I think that's how old oholiab's youngest is) through the Vault of Glass without issue. I think it's because we take the time to explain what's going to happen, we call everything out, we effectively communicate (that and oholiab has raised a whole litter of excellent guardians :) ). I guess I personally believe that the onus of communication is on the one attempting to convey the message, not the one receiving it.

Besides, I don't directly call them stupid. I just block them after the Vault is over.

I also have never run the raid via LFG. I assume that raises the stress level quite a bit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread