What do you think kept objective game types? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 23:57 (3319 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

They didn't have enough time or money.

Seriously though, probably the same reason they barely touched vehicles despite a long rich history with them throughout the Halo games.

What is that reason? Hell if I know.

Yeah, it would be interesting to know why vehicles aren't more heavily featured in Destiny. Maybe:

- They are hard to get right in campaign. Think back to Halo 2's flood controlled Scorpion that would nuke players in one shot. Or the Halo 3's Ghosts that, on Legendary at least, were almost impossible to combat using a vehicle of your own because they killed so quickly. More on the player side you had the Gausshog that was an unstoppable killing machine but also had the Reach Rockethog that almost more often than not would fail to damage what you shot at since the AI would just evade over and over.

- They are hard to get right in multiplayer. Not just from a is the vehicle too powerful standpoint anymore either. Now, in the Crucible, vehicles are subject to sniper rifles basically at all times. And supers at any give time. Vehicles were already becoming something of a death trap in Halo as they were sometimes subject to cross map Spartan Lasers or Missile Pods or tracking rocket launchers. Getting that balance right between game changing but not game breaking power vs keeping has got to be tough and perhaps even harder given Destiny's "Halo+" sandbox of powers and weapons.

In some ways I think it's good that Destiny focuses on the on-foot combat. In others, I'm always sad that there isn't a Destiny equivalent of the Banshee...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread