This is what I do. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:20 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

For me, Titan is love, Titan is life.

I have a hunter that I keep for fun but play it maybe 5% of the time. I've found it useful for when boredom hits, or if I have the desire to play a nightfall twice, etc.

Basically Pete, I don't have my other character there with the intention that I *must* do something with it.

I don't chase duplicates of items\weapons.

So when I run my Titan primary, and I decode an engram and get something nice for my hunter, great! I'll move it over to him, and then when the mood hits, I have some nice toys waiting for me the one time every two months I play Hunter.

I sure as hell can't be bothered to run Destiny's abysmal campaign again going from 1-20, so I'm not going to delete the character. But I'm not investing anymore time into it like I did my Titan.

Here's my take for you, Pete: You very clearly have your characters ranked by favorites. Do one of three things...

1.) Delete nothing, leave your two alts alone, and let them sit. If the mood hits, they are still there, and if you get loot for them as you go, it's not wasted.

2.) Delete them, and then when done, think long and hard about how many hours you just obliterated, for nothing. Then, never let Destiny do that to you again.

3.) Compromise 1 and 2: Delete your least favorite character, quietly weep at hours spent on nothing. Keep secondary character as a backup for fun. FUN. Not grinding. Not chasing. Not wasting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread