Salvage is the trolliest crucible game type. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:31 (3319 days ago) @ Kermit

I really think it would work better if you got significantly more points for a salvage, and no points for stopping an opponent's salvage. As is, you just win by denying an attempted salvage, as denying is a lot easier than successfully defending. What if you got 250 points each for a salvage, plus 250 for the deploy? 1k points for a success reduces Salvage's slayer aspects and ultimately just makes it a race to actually be successful at the gametype's unique mechanics.

I got the salvage crew medal a few times yesterday. I don't know why I enjoy it, but I do. Maybe it's because I always know where the players are or where they are going?

I enjoy it too, it's fun to successfully wipe the other team and power through a successful relic. I just wish it wasn't so griefy if one team is not attempting to salvage at all and just playing back for the deny. If you could only win by salvaging relics I think it'd be more fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread