How could the third sub-classes play differently? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:34 (3317 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Fire-axe titan. A mobile, more long term super for Titans. It would be like bladedancer, but less mobile and more armor. Or something momentum based: the longer you sprint with it, the faster you run, but the initial sprint is just walking speed.

I think that the Titan ult can still have a supportish role, but it should be able tanking and drawing the fire away from Team mates. So it can be like Bladedancer, but less mellee damage but more tanking ability. Think of it like the head of a spear, it should be able to break the line for the rest of your team.

Not to mention, who wouldn't shit their pants when they see a Titan on FIRE hurdling towards your defensive line?

I heard an interesting suggestion here a while back about giving the Titan an actual shield, like a hoplite shield from ancient greece, that they could both bash people with ala the Relic in VoG and block enemy fire with. Perhaps a hard counter to GG or even a Nova Bomb, that would have hit properties similar to a phalanx shield?

I would rather a slow-stomping, ball-and-chain-swinging, nigh-unkillable titan walk through a room, sort of like the bladedancer but way slower. Maybe since it's solar it can blind in a small radius. But the idea would be to be a bulldozer; winning back Control points and breaking Ward domes.

The visual manifestation could vary. The implement is irrelevant, but the functionality is something I think is currently missing. Actually, think of the relic, but with no ranged shot. A shorter-ranged killing ability, and mobile(slow) group protection. Make it a balance between the offensive power of the Striker and the Defensive power of the Defender.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread