I would never step on personal preference. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:10 (3283 days ago) @ Mid7night

Where "not the quickest" is defined as "it will never kill and your enemies will feel perfectly safe." (At least in The Crucible.) :)

Oh sweet jesus, don't bring it into the crucible. This is just for fun on patrol. The only person you'll kill in the crucible with it is Ragashingo. I guess it was just that one time yesterday ;)

Well that's just plain not true. Maybe it's not for everyone, but if you spec it for its max stability it's pretty useful on more closed-in maps. The hard surface ricochets really come into play there, and it's good for getting fire on a guy quick to throw 'em off. I was actually switching between HL and MIDA (depending on map size) the last couple nights in IB and did quite alright.

If you can make high rof AR's work for you, I'd never discourage you from using them. Raichu has made them work for a long time, and if you can pair them with a sniper you like, they work very effectively against shotgun sliders (when you see them coming).

That said, I always encourage players who enjoy them to give Last Word a try, since that's basically a High ROF AR but with shotgun-sized stopping power.

I was mostly making a joke at Raga's expense, since he just bad mouthed Hard Light right after very vocally dying to one in an Iron Banner match last night.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread