You misunderstand (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:34 (3251 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not asking for 100 hours of awesome from any game. I'm just depressed that of those 100 hours, probably 60 of them were chore, and not at all fun. I'd much much MUCH rather have had a Halo with 20 hours of pure enjoyment than a Destiny with 40 hours of enjoyment mixed into 60 hours of slog.

I think what Funk is saying is that it's not Bungie's fault that you continued to play even after you realized you weren't having fun.

Just today I did a bunch of bounties I didn't want to do, so I could level up The Lord of Wolves. The gun is fantastic and a lot of fun. So I had to be bored now to have fun later. I'd have just rather had the fun. That's Bungie's fault for making you level up guns. It's not as simple as saying "don't play" when the end result really is fun.

Guns are pretty fun to play with WHILE YOU'RE LEVELING THEM - I enjoy seeing how strong they are when they're new, and how much better they get over time. You aren't FORCED to do bounties that you don't enjoy to level them - unless you're too impatient to play with a partially-leveled gun for a little while. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread