Handcannons vs Scout Rifles (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:13 (3224 days ago) @ slycrel

As it stands now, most handcannons are just better scout rifles with more impact and slower ROF's.

This has always bugged me. I'm a scout rifle guy, and I have to admit, scout rifles are just plain inferior most of the time to hand cannons. The few places where they shine is when you need mid-long range precision and periodic (slow-ish) damage up close. The templar fight towards the end, taking out goblins, oracles, and hobgoblins comes to mind as a near perfect setup for scout rifles. But in PvP especially, taking 4-5 shots to kill someone is just unreasonable. By the time you are far enough away to make that worthwhile, you're better off using a well scoped sniper rifle.

In PvE, Scout Rifles rule. Yes, a lot of situations hand cannons are better, but if enemies are tougher and you can;t stay out as long, a scout rifle is great. Taking out a cabal from a distance where they can;t shoot back, with say, VoC, makes stuff way easier. You sacrifice kill speed for safety, which is often a very good tradeoff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread