Play style from Halo to Destiny (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:25 (3231 days ago) @ Korny

I think this is what teammate's Orbs are supposed to do: encourage the use of Supers. Would you hold onto it if you saw plenty of orbs around you? I think that's one of the best parts about playing with others (making orbs while Solo is a tad disappointing).

I remember the first time I played Destiny a few months ago. I had basically zero exposure to the game, having been offline for so long. I created orbs and spotted them after the battle was finished. I had no idea what they were, tried to pick them up, and was definitely confused when nothing happened. I had no idea where they came from or what they did.

As for ammo, I was the same way at first, but certain pieces of gear (Ruin Wings) and weapons (4th Horseman, Corrective Measure) have led me to embrace the non-normal weaponry, and I find the game enjoyable that way (there are always Synths in stock!).

Yeah, I always forget about about synths. I have seriously bought like 3 the entire time I've played. Granted, I had a lot from the week of key chest looting in the week before HoW launched. I just don't think about them often. And like I said, I don't feel like ammo is scarce enough for it to really matter, unless maybe you're doing PoE or a strike or something.

Halo 1 surprises me with how wonderfully its aged. One neat thing that I noticed was on the level "Halo"; inside the small ramp buildings, you see columns with rows of lights actively running up and down them. In the new graphics, they're just lifeless textures.

I'll have to check that out. A lot of the new graphics are worse, or way overdone, compared to the original. The biggest offender is the space skybox in the opening cutscene and as seen from the Pillar of Autumn bridge. It's just way too much, I feel like, whereas the original was spectacular, but not so in your face.

The other thing I think about is the Spirit dropships. The way they seem to shine and reflect light is much better in the original. Everything of that nature seems to be a lot more dull in the remastered version.

Good news! Halo 5 is adding this feature (in a way) to pretty much all guns. But yeah, the non-ADS is a relic of the old days, and is slowly dying out.

Yeah, I saw that during E3, and was firmly against its inclusion in Halo. Now that I've gone back and played Halo without ADS, I think I'll actually enjoy it. It could go either way, but at this point is just feels odd to not have it, I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread