That reminds me

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:34 (3961 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...of my own rather embarrassing fan moment. It was summer 2010, and Bungie was still in Kirkland making Reach. My younger brother and I decided to just drop by Bungie on our way down to California (we were moving.) We arrived giddy with fan excitement, and timidly walked back and forth in front of the building housing, what was for us, fan Paradise. Soon Luke Timmins happened to come out and we talked with him for a few minutes. I was ridiculously excited, but was surprised at how cool I managed to play it :) Luke Timmins is an awesome guy, I'm glad we got to meet him. He even offered to let us inside for a bit, but he had to leave for a while first. Sadly, we never got to take him up on that opportunity. After he left, we continued to hang out in the area around the building.

It wasn't long until we noticed that a couple devs were hanging out at the backside of the building. I only recognized one of them, and only because his awesome beard had been on display during a couple vidocs. Sage. At this point I could no longer keep my cool. The fan in me burst out with wreckless abandon and from across the parking lot I yelled "Hey Mr Sage, can I get a picture with you?"

Sad, I know. I can still feel the embarrassment when I think about it. Sage awkwardly replied with an, "Uuuhhh, No." I was crushed, not so much because he said no, but because of how stupid I acted. Hey, at least I got a funny story out of it :)

And with a few years of maturing and now being a member of the borg community, I have regained my cool. I look forward to hopefully meeting the Bungie guys and gals in the future (Destiny release party!) as I now see them less as celebrities and more as really cool people who make really cool games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread