Nice! (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, December 12, 2015, 02:54 (3067 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I wish my significant other would get into gaming.

She didn't used to play and she still doesn't play a big variety, but the Lego games have helped reel her in more.

FF7 was my first PS1 game, and I spent the majority of my childhood playing it, then getting other friends to play it. I remember my dad showing it to me before school (elementary school) and telling me I had 15 mins to play before we had to go to the bus stop. Needless to say, I missed the bus stop, because even my dad (completely technologically illiterate and hated magical stuff) got into the game and was telling me how to do some of the more complicated things he read that I skipped.

:D That's awesome.

I remember dying at the First scorpion boss because I didn't pay attention to the text about the tail attack.

I remember doing that too! I got the PS1 for Christmas in fourth grade (it was my first game console - everything else had been my brothers') and one of the main reasons I had wanted one was for FFVII. I had seen ads in comics and videos at demo stations. It was liked I was being drawn into another dimension! But I didn't get or couldn't afford the game so I would just rent it every weekend for months.

I should mention that I also didn't have a memory card.

So every time I rented it, I started over. Everytime I died, I started over. I would stay up late, I would pause the game and fall asleep and go back to it when I awoke. I remember getting to Aeris's church and thinking it was both beautiful AND an accomplishment. The last time I rented it I was able to get out of Midgar and the world map blew my mind! I had no idea it existed - that the game was that big! A couple of months later I finally got the game and a memory card for my birthday and the game truly began... finally!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread