My (and your) games of the year. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 07:36 (3050 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Favorite Games of the Year:

Dying Light (can't wait to get the Enhanced edition in February)

Black Ops 3 (The first DLC hasn't dropped and the game is already overflowing with content. In this day and age...)

Games that made great first impressions, but got old quickly:

Taken King (Not in a bad way, but Destiny has a system where the new and exciting paves way to The Grind. SRL was a blast, though).

Mortal Kombat X (not the game's fault, really. I get burnt out on fighting games too quickly since I'm the only one in my group of friends/family who plays them).

Biggest Disappointments:

Halo 5 (Gameplay (Warzone, specifically) is fun-ish, Forge is great... But the game is barebones otherwise. I actually had more fun with Halo 4 at launch, and that's saying something.)

Resident Evil Revelations 2. (The RE series is pretty dead at this point, but the Horse's beating continues).

Happy Surprises of the year:

Fallout 4 (didn't enjoy previous Fallout games, but this one had a ton of things that I do like. Just waiting for QoL mods and such.)

Rocket League (I hate driving games, and I hate sports games. Both of them in one package? Way more fun than it had any right to be. Impossible to play without a smile on my face.)

Games That Deserved Way More Attention Than I Gave Them This Year:

Helldivers (a difficult, fun, team-oriented game with ODST and Starship Troopers coursing through its DNA? I was pulled away from this game far too much).

Dragon Fin Soup (A difficult puzzle/combat game is rare. One with lots of charm doubly-so.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread