Whoo! Thanks for E3!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 05:04 (3976 days ago)

Been busy, but I wanted to pop in to say thanks to the DBO crew for letting me tag along during the last day of E3. I felt a little like a zombie since I slept about an hour the night before and came totally unprepared without a camera or anything but I had a great time. It was really cool meeting Duncan, GrimBrother One, mastrbiggy, and seeing Claude for the first time in about ten years. I also got to meet some of the Bungie guys and gals and see the gameplay demonstration up close (I was one of the lucky ones in row four where the butt-tingling subwoofers were located). I seemed to get the impression from most of the Bungie employees I talked to that they were extremely excited to finally be pulling the curtain back on their game, while at the same time crushingly disappointed with the tiny fraction of the game that they could realistically show off in the demo.

I stood in a 2.5 hour long queue to get into the theatre but the Bungie team was great about handing out snacks and stuff to the waiting masses. I hadn't seen any videos except for the first couple demonstrations that had popped up on youtube so Joe's new introduction where he turned around and looked off into distance at all the playable space behind him came as a big surprise. So awesome! I also snagged a signed copy of one of those PS4 controller / art postcards and a T-shirt after leaving the theatre and got to witness an absolutely hilarious encounter between Cliffy B and Dave Mongan later in the day. >_>

Anyway, congrats to all the Bungie folk and thanks again to everyone involved.

"I love DBO!" :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread