On a related note, Prime is $73 for new members right now... (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 15, 2016, 18:44 (3033 days ago) @ Korny

For some reason.

The 20% thing seemed... not worth it for me, given how vastly superior Digital is (especially since it essentially cuts the price of any multiplayer game in half on PS4 if you share your account, which is impossible with Physical), but it could be real useful if you are sure about the game that you want and the drawbacks of Physical don't apply to you.

The one place disc games win is in speed of play. Let's say you get a game at midnight. You have to wait hours for it to download and can't play, whereas with a disc you pop it in and are good immediately.

I am completely baffled why you can't either preload games which then unlock on release (steam does this I think), or simply have the publisher post games digitally right after it goes gold. I know people want to push digital distribution, and what better way than to be able to play a month ahead of the people who have to wait for disc pressing?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread