Wow! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 21, 2016, 22:12 (3015 days ago) @ unoudid

That's impressive, and gorgeous. Did you paint it, as well? Laying down a nice paint job is an art unto itself, too.

I've never done anything like that. The fender flares were easy, especially as they didn't have to be perfect because they were going on an old, crappy, beat Jeep. He got a ticket for some technicality because his tires stuck out more than 3 inches from the body of the vehicle. I figured, well hell, fender flares will fix that.

I think I probably went through too much work. I basically hot glued florist's foam to the Jeep, and carved/sanded out the shaped I wanted the flares to be. Then I used bondo to make that all super smooth and beautiful and nail the shape and made fiberglass molds of that, which I then used to make the actual fenders. The idea was that he could easily make another exact copy of the fender if it it broke from scraping rocks or trees or something while he was wheeling it. To my knowledge, that hasn't happened, and I'm not sure he even still has the molds. ):

It was fun, though, and I'm glad I did it. I've been considering making up a ducktail spoiler for my Mustang to replace the stock one sometime this spring.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread